Welcome to Grinnell Golf Country Club!
~ creating memories for over a 100 years ~
Welcome to Grinnell Golf and Country Club, where memories have been created for over 100 years. The Grinnell Golf Club was formed by 21 charter members on October 2, 1899. By 1908, the club boasted 34 members of whom 14 were women. A one room club house with a fireplace and screened porches was built around 1910. Golf was not the only form of recreation found at the country club. Clay tennis courts were added in the 1920s. Members ice skated on the ponds with big bonfires for warmth and also participated in shuffleboard, horse shoes, skeet shooting, even skiing off #9 tee to the pond below! In 1950 the country club was extensively remodeled and an addition was added. In 1956 a swimming pool and bath house were added to the clubs facilities. The additions and updates of 1963 and 1971 brought the size of the clubhouse to the footprint we have today. Improvements have continually been made to the golf course over the years. The watering system and sand bunker improvements were done in 1990.
Other major improvements completed before the 1999 Centennial included all new tees, new greens on number 5 and 7 and several new sand traps. The rich tradition of Grinnell Golf and Country Club includes many junior players who have gone on to play college golf and some professionally. We invite others to come make their own memories at the club. Please contact the office and become a part of the Grinnell Golf and Country Club family!